The content of the article
- Подготовка бондарного изделия 1 Preparation of cooperage
- Рецепты бочковых помидоров по старинке… 2 Recipes of barley tomatoes in the old fashion ...
- …и как действовать жителям квартир 3 ... and how to act to residents of apartments
Originally sour only cabbage and cucumbers. Several centuries ago, it was done without the use of salt. The fermentation process was started, but the blanks were not stored for long. Some researchers believe that the Byzantines learned to salve vegetables for the first time, and the Slavs already adopted methods from them. Over time, began to harvest mushrooms, berries, fruits, various vegetables and even beans.
During the reign of Catherine the Great, a tomato was considered an ornamental plant, so it was grown in flower pots. In European countries thought that tomato is a poisonous fruit. It was even used in coups d'etat and they were trying to poison enemies. But such actions were unsuccessful.
Preparation of cooperage products
Such containers, as a barrel and a tub, are the most common options for storing pickles. Vegetables from them receive a special taste and aroma of wood. The barrel method is good because the process of lactic acid fermentation is active, as it should be. The containers are made of environmentally friendly and natural material, which is absolutely harmless. It is also able to prevent the premature appearance of mold, as it has powerful antibacterial properties.
The shelf life of the pickles largely depends on how well the container was prepared. There are a number of activities that are mandatory.
- Soaking. The process is necessary for new products. But old tubs that have not been used for a long time can also be processed. To soak the container it is necessary for the plates to swell, and the small slots are hermetically sealed. Thus, the walls will gain the necessary density and reliability. The container is filled with water and stands until it swells. If this takes a long time, the liquid in it periodically changes.
- Disinfection. Disinfecting treatment is necessary both for new and old containers. It is carried out by rinsing with boiling water. Additionally, salt or soda can be used. They clean the inner and outer surfaces of the tree, and then carefully washed off.
Recipes of cask tomatoes in the old manner ...
In the recipes of tomatoes in a barrel for the winter often uses the cold method of cooking. What does it mean? There is no thermal treatment of vegetables. Ingredients are poured cold water with spices, though sometimes pre-boiled.
Features. Vegetables have a rich vitamin-mineral composition, that's why they are suitable for children's menu. Tomatoes do not burst and preserve a presentable appearance. Thanks to the "grandmother's recipe", they turn out to be spicy, salty with a sour taste.
- 20 kg of tomatoes;
- 900 g of salt;
- ten leaves of black currant;
- seven dill umbrellas;
- one garlic head;
- 15 liters of water.
- At the bottom throw some spices.
- We fill the barrel with tomatoes, put cloves of garlic, dill, currant leaves between the layers.
- Dissolve the salt in water and salt the vegetables.
- Cover with gauze, leave in the cold under oppression.
- We take the sample in three weeks.
In its own juice
Features. Cask tomatoes are prepared in cold fashion with mustard, but instead of pickle, tomato paste is used here. Thanks to this approach, soft salted vegetables with a sweet taste are obtained. Perfectly combine with meat dishes.
- 20 kg of tomatoes;
- 250 g of grape leaves;
- 400 g of salt;
- 20 g of dry mustard;
- Half the vegetables are twisted in a meat grinder.
- In puree we add salt, mix well.
- The bottom of the container is filled with grape leaves, dill.
- We lay vegetables, supplementing them with spices.
- The last layer - leaves of grapes and pouring from tomato puree, mustard.
- We leave in the cold under oppression.
- After two or three weeks we taste it.
Features. For this recipe, the best sort is "Cream". Vegetables are fairly dense, well salted. The workpiece turns out to be sharp, so it is not recommended for the children's menu.
- 10 kg of tomatoes;
- 50 g of bell pepper;
- garlic head;
- two or three tablespoons for each liter of water;
- 8-10 liters of water;
- leaves horseradish, mint, black currant, grapes, cherries.
- We spread the third part of the leaves to the bottom of the tub.
- We fall asleep tomatoes to half of capacity. Top with leaves, half pepper and garlic.
- Report the vegetables to the end. The last layer is made from the remaining seasonings and spices.
- Fill with brine.
- We put a container with an oppression in the cold.
Stuffed green tomatoes
Features. Not only ripe, but also unripened vegetables possess excellent taste qualities. Unlike the red ones, green tomatoes are not deformed. The appetizer turns out to be sharp enough and suitable for those who like "burning" dishes. The whole stuffed fruits look beautifully on the festive table.
- 8 kg of green tomatoes;
- 400 g of garlic;
- 1.5 a bunch of green celery;
- 400 g white cabbage;
- eight pods of hot pepper;
- 8 liters of water;
- 160-180 g of salt;
- 300 g of dill;
- 50 g of bay leaf;
- peas of sweet pepper.
- We start with the filling: small cut celery, cabbage finely shred, garlic is slice thick slices, and bitter pepper - thin rings.
- Stir the products and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- We prepare the brine: add salt, bay leaf, a little dill, sweet peas to the boiling water. We keep on fire seven minutes. Marinade filter and cool.
- We make cuts in tomatoes and put stuffing in them.
- Fill the vegetables with a barrel, shifting the layers with the remaining dill. Fill with marinade.
- Close the lid and put oppression on top. We leave in the cold.
- Pickles will be ready in 25 days.
... and how to act to residents of apartments
In the limited space of the apartment to install a barrel is not possible. The proceeds come from other utensils - pots, buckets, cans. Pickles in such containers are obtained not less tasty than in wooden tubs.
In the pan
Features. This is the way to prepare salted tomatoes in a saucepan as a cask. If there is no room in the refrigerator, then we put the capacity on the balcony. You need a saucepan for 18-20 liters.
- 12-13 kg of tomatoes of any degree of maturity;
- three garlic heads;
- three onions;
- three hot peppers;
- a tablespoon of sugar for 3 liters of water;
- four tablespoons of salt for 3 liters of water;
- a bunch of celery;
- two bunches of parsley;
- leaves of black currant, cherry and horseradish, dill.
- Onions and peppers are cut into rings.
- Fill the tank with tomatoes. Between them we form three layers of seasonings and greenery: the bottom, the middle, the top.
- For pouring: dilute salt and sugar in water (18-20 liters depending on the volume of the pan). We taste it, since the pickle should be fairly salty.
- We fill the brine with vegetables so that it completely covers the tomatoes.
- Cover the lid, and put the load on it.
- You can try in two to three weeks.
In the bucket
Features. Make the cask tomatoes in a plastic bucket is not difficult, if you prepare the container correctly. Beforehand, you need to wash and dry the container well. Pickles are prepared in a product made of transparent plastic with a volume of 4-5 liters. So you can follow the process of fermentation. It is recommended to eat vegetables as soon as possible after the lid has been removed. They very quickly lose elasticity, turning into a gruel.
- 2.5 kg of tomatoes;
- 100 g of sugar;
- 150 g of salt;
- one onion;
- one horseradish root;
- one Bulgarian pepper;
- three garlic cloves;
- pepper with peas;
- 5 liters of water.
- In warm water we dissolve salt, sugar. Leave the brine to cool.
- Pepper is cut into large slices, onion - rings, horseradish - shavings.
- We stack vegetables with layers: tomatoes alternate with other components.
- Fill the marinade, close the lid and crush something heavy.
- After two weeks, we test the workpiece.
Features. Tomatoes in the bank, prepared in the fall, can stand until April. A long shelf life is provided by aspirin, which prevents bacteria from multiplying. Vegetables in a glass container wander and turn sour and slightly harsh.
- 5-6 kg of tomatoes;
- five aspirin tablets;
- 200-250 g of salt;
- 400-500 g of sugar;
- 350-400 ml of vinegar;
- garlic, laurel leaf, black pepper peas, dill;
- 7 liters of water.
- In boiled water, add sugar, salt, bay leaf, bell pepper. Remove from the stove and pour vinegar.
- Laying begins with greenery, spices. Then we fill with tomatoes, we throw powdered powdered aspirin from above.
- Fill brine, close with capron lids, leave in the cold.
- We try the vegetables in two to three weeks.
What should I do if there is only a bucket with chips and stains of rust? Prepare the cask tomatoes at home can be even in an improper, seemingly tare. To do this, special polyethylene bags for pickling are sold in stores. At first tomatoes are put in a bag, and then it is filled with a pan, a barrel or a bucket. Thus, vegetables do not absorb harmful ingredients, foreign smells or tastes, since they do not touch the walls of the container.