The content of the article
- Подготовка бондарного изделия 1 Preparation of cooper products
- Рецепты бочковых помидоров по старинке… 2 Barrel tomato recipes in the old fashioned way ...
- …и как действовать жителям квартир 3 ... and how to act residents of apartments
Initially, only cabbage and cucumbers were sourd. Centuries ago, they did it without the use of salt. The fermentation process started, but the blanks were stored for long. Some researchers believe that the Byzantines had learned how to salt vegetables for the first time, and the Slavs had already adopted methods from them. Over time, they began to harvest mushrooms, berries, fruits, various vegetables, and even legumes.
During the reign of Catherine the Great, the tomato was considered an ornamental plant, therefore it was grown in flower pots. In European countries, the tomato was thought to be a poisonous fruit. It was even used in coups d'état and they were tried to poison the enemies. But such actions were unsuccessful.
Preparation cooper products
Capacities such as a barrel and a tub are the most common options for storing pickles. Vegetables from them get a special taste and aroma of wood. The barrel method is good because the process of lactic fermentation is active, as it should be. Tanks are made of environmentally friendly and natural material, which is absolutely harmless. He is also able to prevent premature mold, as it has powerful anti-bacterial properties.
The shelf life of pickles largely depends on how properly the container was prepared. There are a number of activities that are required.
- Maceration The process is necessary for new products. But old tubs that have not been used for a long time can also be processed. It is necessary to soak the container so that the plates swelled up, and the small gaps closed tightly. Thus, the walls will find the desired density and reliability. The container is filled with water and stands until it swells. If it takes a long time, then the liquid in it changes periodically.
- Disinfection. Disinfectant treatment is needed in both new and old containers. It is carried out by rinsing with boiling water. Additionally, salt or soda can be used. They clean the inner and outer surfaces of the tree, and then thoroughly wash off.
Barrel tomato recipes in the old fashioned way ...
In the recipes of tomatoes in the barrel for the winter is often used cold cooking method. What does it mean? There is no heat treatment of vegetables. Ingredients are poured with cold water and spices, although sometimes pre-boiled.
Features Vegetables have a rich vitamin and mineral composition, so they are suitable for children's menu. Tomatoes do not burst and retain a presentable appearance. Thanks to the "grandmother's recipe", they are spicy, salty with a share of sourness.
- 20 kg of tomatoes;
- 900 g of salt;
- ten leaves of black currant;
- seven umbrellas of dill;
- one garlic head;
- 15 liters of water.
- At the bottom we throw some of the spices.
- Fill the barrel with tomatoes, put garlic cloves, dill and currant leaves between layers.
- Dissolve salt in water and brine pour vegetables.
- Cover with gauze, leave in the cold under the yoke.
- Remove the sample after three weeks.
In own juice
Features Cold barrel tomatoes are prepared with mustard, but instead of brine, tomato paste is used. Thanks to this approach, soft salty vegetables with a sweet aftertaste are obtained. Perfectly combined with meat dishes.
- 20 kg of tomatoes;
- 250 grams of grape leaves;
- 400 g of salt;
- 20 g dry mustard;
- We twist half of vegetables in a meat grinder.
- In puree, add salt, mix well.
- The bottom of the tank is filled with grape leaves, dill.
- Lay the vegetables, complementing them with spices.
- The last layer - grape leaves and pouring tomato puree, mustard.
- We leave in the cold under the yoke.
- After two or three weeks taste.
Features For this recipe is best grade "cream". Vegetables are quite dense, well salted. The blank is sharp, so it is not recommended for the children's menu.
- 10 kg of tomatoes;
- 50 g paprika;
- garlic head;
- two or three tablespoons for every liter of water;
- 8-10 liters of water;
- leaves of horseradish, mint, black currant, grapes, cherries.
- We spread the third part of the leaves on the bottom of the tub.
- Fall asleep tomatoes to half capacity. Top with leaves, half pepper and garlic.
- Reporting vegetables to the end. The last layer is made from the remaining seasonings and spices.
- Fill with brine.
- We put the container with the oppression in the cold.
Stuffed Green Tomatoes
Features Not only ripe, but also unripe vegetables have excellent taste. Unlike red, green tomatoes are not deformed. The appetizer is quite spicy and is suitable for those who love "hot" dishes. Whole stuffed fruits look beautiful on a festive table.
- 8 kg of green tomatoes;
- 400 g of garlic;
- 1.5 bunches of celery greens;
- 400 g white cabbage;
- eight hot peppers;
- 8 l of water;
- 160-180 g of salt;
- 300 g of dill;
- 50 g bay leaf;
- peas allspice.
- We start with the filling: chop up the celery medium-sized, chop the cabbage finely, chop the garlic in thick slices and the hot pepper in thin rings.
- Mix the products and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the pickle: add salt, bay leaf, a little dill, sweet peas to boiling water. Keep on fire for seven minutes. Marinade filter and cool.
- Make cuts in tomatoes and put the stuffing in them.
- Fill the barrel with vegetables, shifting the layers with the remaining dill. Pour marinade.
- Close the lid and put the oppression on top. Leave in the cold.
- Pickles will be ready in 25 days.
... and how to act residents of apartments
In conditions of limited apartment space, it is not possible to install a barrel. Comes to the rescue of other utensils - pots, buckets, cans. Pickles in such containers are no less tasty than in wooden tubs.
In the pan
Features This is a way to cook salted tomatoes in a pan as a barrel. If there is no room in the refrigerator, then we put the container on the balcony. You need a pot of 18-20 liters.
- 12-13 kg of tomatoes of any degree of maturity;
- three garlic heads;
- three onions;
- three hot peppers;
- tablespoon of sugar for 3 liters of water;
- four tablespoons of salt per 3 liters of water;
- celery bunch;
- two bunches of parsley;
- leaves of black currant, cherry and horseradish, dill.
- Onion and pepper cut into rings.
- Fill the tank with tomatoes. Between them we form three layers of seasonings and greens: the bottom, middle, top.
- To fill: diluted with salt and sugar in water (18-20 liters, depending on the volume of the pan). We taste it, as the marinade must be salty enough.
- Fill the vegetables with brine so that it covers the tomatoes completely.
- Cover with a lid, and put the load on it.
- You can try in two or three weeks.
In a bucket
Features Make barrel tomatoes in a plastic bucket is not difficult if properly prepare the container. First you need to wash well and dry the container. Pickles are prepared in a product of transparent plastic with a volume of 4-5 liters. So you can follow the fermentation process. It is recommended to eat vegetables as soon as possible after the cap has been removed. They very quickly lose their elasticity, turning into mush.
- 2.5 kg of tomatoes;
- 100 g of sugar;
- 150 grams of salt;
- one bow;
- one horseradish root;
- one bell pepper;
- three garlic cloves;
- 5 liters of water.
- In warm water dissolve salt, sugar. Leave the brine to cool.
- Pepper cut into large slices, onions - rings, horseradish - shavings.
- We put the vegetables in layers: alternating tomatoes with the other components.
- Fill the marinade, close the lid and press down something heavy.
- Two weeks later, try the blank.
Features Barrel tomatoes in a jar, cooked in the fall, can stand until April. Long-term storage provides aspirin, which does not allow bacteria to multiply. Vegetables in glass containers roam and turn out sour and slightly sharp.
- 5-6 kg of tomatoes;
- five aspirin tablets;
- 200-250 g of salt;
- 400-500 g of sugar;
- 350-400 ml of vinegar;
- garlic, laurel leaf, black pepper peas, dill;
- 7 liters of water.
- Add sugar, salt, bay leaf, peppercorns in boiled water. Remove from the stove and pour vinegar.
- We start laying with greenery and spices. Next, fill the tomatoes, throw aspirin crushed into powder on top.
- Fill with brine, close the capron lids, leave in the cold.
- Vegetables try in two or three weeks.
What to do if there is only a bucket with chips and rust stains? To prepare barrel tomatoes at home, you can even in improper, seemingly tare. For this purpose, special plastic bags for salting are sold in stores. First, tomatoes are placed in a bag, and then filled with it put in a pan, barrel or bucket. Thus, vegetables do not absorb harmful components, extraneous smells or tastes, since they do not come into contact with the walls of the container.