The content of the article
- Для чего предназначен препарат 1 What is the drug intended for?
- Основные эффекты 2 Main effects
- Версия «Слим» 3 Version "Slim"
- Побочные действия 4 side effects
- Вред для ЦНС, почек и желчного пузыря 4.1 Damage to the central nervous system, kidney and gallbladder
- Противопоказания 5 Contraindications
- Инструкция по применению «Орсотена» 6 Instructions for use "Orsotena"
- Другие методы снижения веса 7 Other weight loss methods
Nutritional value of products depends on the content of the main components of the diet - proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Minerals, vitamins and trace elements do not participate in its formation, although they are part of the metabolism. But the contribution of carbohydrates, proteins and fats to the total nutritional value of dishes is not the same.
What is the drug intended for?
The role of fats in obesity is not so great because they themselves in the dishes least of all (as a percentage of other elements). But the modern food industry is increasingly using chemically modified fats and their mixtures instead of pure bases.
The effect of such “hybrids” on the metabolic system is still being studied, and there is already evidence of their ability to cause its malfunctions and accelerated weight gain. And although, in general, reviews of the Orsoten tablets speak of him as a drug with low efficiency in terms of weight loss (not more than 10% of the total weight in three months), in the fight against trans fatty obesity, it may be more useful than any other means.
Indications for use "Orsotena" do not relate to weight loss just to lose weight a little. Manufacturers see it as a drug designed to treat serious metabolic disorders, rather than minor imbalances, which can be eliminated by increasing physical activity and dietary restrictions. It is prescribed to sufferers:
- pre-diabetes (decreased glucose tolerance);
- cardiovascular disease.
However, Orsoten is not suitable for the prevention of these diseases - only for their correction as part of complex therapy. In the intestines, orlistat binds to bile-digested fatty acids and the enzymes involved in the digestion of fat, and then blocks them. All the fat from food, including vegetable, animal and modified, remains in the intestine, since it cannot be absorbed by its walls into the blood. According to the manufacturer, it gives several effects.
- . Reduced calorie intake . It is not as significant as when blocking the breakdown of carbohydrates, but noticeable for lovers of fat.
- . Increased sensitivity of cells to insulin . Insulin released in response to an increase in blood glucose levels activates glucose transporter proteins and the corresponding cell receptors. As a result, cells become able to cleave this monosaccharide. This also applies to adipocyte cells - adipocytes, which convert excess glucose into fat. At the same time, the number of adipocytes is growing, and they (especially fat in the abdomen) have the ability to synthesize adipocytokines - biologically active compounds that inhibit the activity of insulin and its receptors on the cell surface. Adipocytokine leptin plays a leading role in the development of insulin resistance. Reducing the number of free triglycerides in the blood under the influence of orlistat leads to a slowdown in the growth of fatty tissues. From this, the concentration of "blockers" of insulin is also reduced, and the sensitivity of cells to it is restored even at the same level of human mobility.
- . Reducing cholesterol in the blood . Due to the fact that fat is poorly absorbed in the intestine, dietary cholesterol is also not fully in the blood. Part of it is simply excreted. And although the liver in conditions of deficiency of dietary cholesterol can significantly increase its synthesis, the effect of the drug is considered positive in terms of reducing the rate of atherosclerosis. At the same time, some studies of atherosclerosis suggest that cholesterol deficiency is more likely to be harmful than useful, and dietary fats have almost no effect on the rate of vascular clogging.
Answering the question, how does Orsoten differ from Orsoten Slim, we can say that the active ingredient (orlistat) is the same in them, but its dosage varies. In Orsotene, it is 120 mg of orlistat in each tablet / capsule, and in Orsotene Slim, 60 mg (half the amount). Because of the difference in dosages, Orsoten Slim can be bought without a prescription, while the usual Orsoten dosage can only be bought by a doctor.
Restrictions on the sale of the drug in high dosages associated with:
- the presence of serious side effects;
- low knowledge of the long-term effects of its reception;
- lack of improvement in increasing its dosages.
The use of "Orsoten Slim" does not relieve people who want to lose a little weight, from the temptation to take more "pills". But in this case, the likelihood of serious side effects in overdose is reduced.
"Orsoten" binds enzymes involved in the breakdown of fats in the intestinal cavity, as well as the finished "products" of their activities, preventing the absorption of both in the blood. Subsequently, the blocked in the intestine fats are removed from the body with feces, which increases its fat content, can create a problem of gas and frequent urge to defecate. According to the manufacturer, the drug does not affect the work of other organs of the body, since it is not in contact with them. But all the organs of the body are connected with each other, and the scheme presented by the manufacturer is greatly simplified, as evidenced by the side effects of Orsoten.
Side effects "Orsotena" most often and most clearly affect the work of the intestine, especially its lower parts. They appear:
- increased gas formation;
- increased urge to stool;
- difficulties with delaying emptying (up to incontinence);
- oily secretions from the anus.
These symptoms are due to the direct action of orlistat, and their brightness decreases as the proportion of fat in the diet decreases. But along with fats, Orsoten also blocks the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins from the intestines, including vitamins A, E and K, forming vitamin deficiency.
Damage to the central nervous system, kidney and gallbladder
The food-induced deficiency of cholesterol in food harms the work of the central nervous system and the synthesis of a number of hormones, which can cause:
- headache (observed in more than 30% of the Orsoten recipients);
- dizziness and disorientation;
- unreasonable alarm;
- sleep disorders;
- slowing tissue regeneration after injury or sports.
With long-term reception of the means of manifestation of the central nervous system spontaneously decrease, and then disappear. Acute cases of damage to the central nervous system after losing weight on the "Orsoten" not recorded. Alcohol consumption does not change the effect of the drug. But in the list of its side effects are indicated and more serious health effects than transient swelling with migraine. Among them, gallstone disease and associated in some cases oxalaturia.
- . Gallstones . Normally, bile acids along with the fats they split are absorbed into the bloodstream and returned to the liver. Reception "Orsotena" breaks the chain, creating a shortage. Blocking them of cholesterol from food only complicates the matter, since the liver synthesizes bile from it. The concentration of bile acids in bile drops, which increases the likelihood of stone formation. Most often - bilirubin. This dye is formed during the decomposition of red blood cells, it stains the blood plasma, urine, bile and feces in yellow-brown shades. Excess bilirubin in the blood has a poisoning effect on the liver, which processes it, and on the brain. Its excess in the composition of bile leads to inflammation of the gallbladder walls and the formation of stones.
- . Oxalic stones . Oxalates are formed in the kidneys in violation of the exchange of oxalic acid or its use in excess - with spinach, lettuce, sorrel and other acidic vegetables or berries. Oxalates are characteristic of supporters of a vegetarian diet or persons who have been treated for atherosclerosis. Cholesterol-rich animal fats, blocked in the intestines by means of atherosclerosis or orlistat, are associated in its cavity with calcium. It ceases to interact with oxalic acid in the same place from food, which begins to enter the blood in a chemically pure form. Normally, this should not be, because calcium is present in the serum. When oxalic acid is released into the blood, its binding to serum calcium occurs. Calcium oxalates are no longer occurring in the intestine, from where they are excreted through the rectum, but in the bloodstream, and accumulate in the kidneys when trying to filter them.
Due to the irreversibility of some side effects (neurological and intestinal symptoms disappear after it is canceled, but cholelithiasis is not) and serious interference with the metabolism, Orsotena is prohibited when existing:
- – потому что она усилится с началом курса; oxalaturia - because it will intensify with the start of the course;
- – препарат спровоцирует резкое ухудшение желчнокаменной болезни; gallstones - the drug provokes a sharp deterioration in cholelithiasis;
- – нарушении общей всасываемости питательных веществ из кишечника в кровь, которое может возникать при дефиците пищеварительных ферментов («Орсотена» усиливает эти проявления и может привести к полной неусвояемости компонентов пищи); malabsorption syndrome - a violation of the general absorption of nutrients from the intestine into the bloodstream, which can occur when there is a shortage of digestive enzymes (Orsotena increases these manifestations and can lead to complete indigestion of food components);
- – особенно возникшем как осложнение желчнокаменной болезни; chronic pancreatitis - especially arising as a complication of gallstone disease;
- – даже если камни в почках не являются оксалатами, ведь нарушения обмена одних кислот (как мочевой при подагре) негативно сказываются и на обмене всех остальных; nephrolithiasis - even if kidney stones are not oxalates, because metabolic disorders of some acids (like urinary ones with gout) negatively affect the exchange of all others;
- – прием «Орсотена» может усугубить ее течение или добавить проблем в виде желчнокаменной болезни. gout - taking Orsotena can aggravate its course or add problems in the form of gallstone disease.
Contraindications to taking Orsotena also include pregnancy and breastfeeding, although orlistat is not absorbed from the intestine into the blood, and therefore does not penetrate the placenta or breast milk. The official explanation is the threat of a deficiency of fat-soluble vitamins in the mother and the child. But to this must also be added the sharply negative effect of Orsoten on cholesterol metabolism in the mother’s body.
Instructions for use "Orsotena"
It does not matter how to drink Orsoten for the best effect, since this drug is still not very effective. The basis of excess weight (but not obesity) is a “brute force” on carbohydrates, not fats in food, on the exchange of which the drug does not affect. In this case, an overdose of the drug can lead to side effects and increase their brightness, and it will not accelerate the reduction in weight.
The daily dosage of the tablets "Orsoten" is 120 mg (one tablet of "Orsotena" or two - "Orsotene Slim"), three times a day. Take the drug should be with food. If it is degreased, you can not drink it. In the regimen of “Orsotena” for weight loss, three or more months of its use are incorporated. The total period of treatment they can be up to six months, which also reduces the feasibility of its use, if you need to lose weight quickly.
Other weight loss methods
Medicine considers excess weight as a problem of malnutrition, and treats it as an abnormal case in exceptional cases - in case of diabetes and other large-scale metabolic disorders. She does not approve and is not engaged in the development of drugs for weight loss, because no medicine can be taken throughout life - everyone has dangerous side effects.
The measures proposed by her for weight loss are reduced to lifelong compliance:
- balanced nutrition;
- correctly calculated physical activity.
Doctors may prescribe a diet, medications and surgery (suturing the volume of the stomach, inserting synthetic fillers into its cavity for the same purpose) only after a diagnosis has been made related to the physiological, and not the psychological, problems of the patient or his or her incorrect eating habits.
Due to the shortage of drugs to get rid of a small excess of fat in the absence of significant metabolic problems, healthy people with overweight have to take the funds created for the treatment of certain pathologies accompanied by obesity.
- Reduxin . The drug is based on sibutramine. It stimulates the onset of satiety, speeds up blood circulation and increases body temperature to improve glucose metabolism. "Reduxine" is strictly contraindicated in cardiovascular pathologies and in the age when the risk of their progression is already high (from 60 years and older).
- " Glucophage ." And other tools based on biguanide metformin developed for the treatment of diabetes mellitus type II. Metformin blocks the absorption of carbohydrates into the blood from the intestines and the liver to break down other components of food (fats, proteins) in order to fill its deficit. Like the other biguanides, metformin is extremely toxic to the liver and kidneys, and can cause muscle tissue complications, especially when combined with increased physical activity or statins.
- Portiola. Means on the basis of carbomer polyacrylic acid. This gelling and moisture holder is used in the production of face creams, body creams, medicines, where the presence of a thickening agent or emulsifier is required. Acceptance of "Porciola" and other products based on carbomer 940 (an alternative name for the active substance) creates a false volume in the stomach. The feeling of satiety with it comes faster, and the place of high-calorie food is taken by an indigestible gel, which is then excreted through the rectum, with the remnants of the food mass.
- " Xenical ". It is a complete analogue of Orsotena. Today, he alone is admitted to long-term obesity therapy, but just for weight loss in order to improve his figure, he is not suitable.
But the most widely on the market of drugs for weight loss are ineffective or even dangerous for health counterfeits with dubious origin and unclear composition. Their appetite depressing, stimulating action of the central nervous system can be explained by the addition of amphetamine, caffeine, ephedrine. Some of these "active principles" are available everywhere and at a much lower price, and some are classified as weak drugs and are banned for legal sale. Among them, you can even find a normal laxative or diuretic.
Compared with similar means pills "Orsoten" for weight loss - is not the worst choice. After all, caffeine and ephedrine are dangerous for persons with pathologies of the heart and blood vessels (especially if you do not know about their presence in the purchased product). And drugs, even the lungs, are addictive, can lead to depletion of the central nervous system and sustained anorexia.