The content of the article
- Для чего предназначен препарат 1 What is the drug for?
- Основные эффекты 2 Main effects
- Версия «Слим» 3 Slim version
- Побочные действия 4 Side effects
- Вред для ЦНС, почек и желчного пузыря 4.1 Harm to the central nervous system, kidneys and gallbladder
- Противопоказания 5 Contraindications
- Инструкция по применению «Орсотена» 6 Instructions for the use of Orsotene
- Другие методы снижения веса 7 Other weight loss methods
The nutritional value of foods depends on the content of the main components of the diet - proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Minerals, vitamins and trace elements do not participate in its formation, although they are part of the metabolism. But the contribution of carbohydrates, proteins and fats to the overall nutritional value of the dishes is not the same.
What is the drug for?
The role of fat in obesity is not so great because they themselves are the least in the dishes (as a percentage of other elements). But the modern food industry is increasingly using chemically modified fats and their mixtures instead of pure bases.
The effect of such "hybrids" on the metabolic system is still being studied, and there is already evidence of their ability to cause its malfunction and accelerated weight gain. And although in general reviews about the Orsoten tablets speak of it as a drug with low efficiency in terms of weight loss (no more than 10% of the total weight in three months), in the fight against obesity provoked by trans fats, it can be more useful than any another means.
Indications for the use of Orsotene do not relate to weight loss just to lose weight a little. Manufacturers see it as a drug designed to treat serious metabolic disorders, rather than mild imbalances that are eliminated by increasing physical activity and dietary restrictions. It is prescribed to the suffering:
- prediabetes (decrease in glucose tolerance);
- cardiovascular diseases.
However, Orsoten is not suitable for the prevention of these diseases - only for their correction as part of complex therapy. Orlistat binds in the intestine with bile acids split by bile and enzymes involved in the digestion of fat, and then blocks them. All fat from food, including vegetable, animal and modified, remains in the intestine, since it can not be absorbed by its walls into the blood. According to the manufacturer, this gives several effects.
- . Reducing the caloric content of the diet . It is not as significant as when blocking the decomposition of carbohydrates, but it is noticeable for fat lovers.
- . Increase the sensitivity of cells to insulin . Insulin, released in response to an increase in blood glucose levels, activates glucose transport proteins and the corresponding cell receptors. As a result, the cells become capable of cleaving this monosaccharide. This also applies to fat cells - adipocytes, which convert excess glucose into fat. At the same time, the number of adipocytes grows, and they (especially fat in the abdomen) have the ability to synthesize adipocytokines - biologically active compounds that inhibit the activity of insulin and its receptors on the cell surface. Adipocytokine leptin plays a leading role in the development of insulin resistance. Reducing the same number of free triglycerides in the blood under the influence of orlistat leads to a slowdown in the growth of fatty tissues. From this, the concentration of "blockers" of insulin also decreases, and the sensitivity of cells to it is restored even with the same level of mobility of a person.
- . Reducing cholesterol in the blood . Due to the fact that fat is poorly absorbed in the intestines, food cholesterol also does not fully enter the blood. Part of it is simply excreted with feces. And although the liver in conditions of deficiency of food cholesterol can significantly increase its synthesis, the effect of the drug is considered positive in terms of reducing the rate of development of atherosclerosis. At the same time, some studies of atherosclerosis suggest that cholesterol deficiency is more harmful than beneficial, and the rate of clogging of blood vessels does not affect food fats.
Answering the question about the difference between Orsoten and Orsoten Slim, one can say that the active substance (orlistat) is the same in them, but its dosage differs. In Orsotene, it is 120 mg orlistat in each pill / capsule, and in Orsotene Slim - 60 mg (twice less). Because of the difference in dosage, Orsoten Slim can be bought without a prescription, while the usual Orsoten is only for the doctor's prescription.
Limitations on the sale of the drug in high dosages are related to:
- the presence of serious side effects;
- low knowledge of the long-term consequences from its administration;
- no improvement with increasing dosage.
The use of Orsoten Slim does not save people who want to just throw off weight, from the temptation to take more "pills". But in this case, the probability of serious side effects in case of an overdose decreases.
"Orsoten" binds enzymes involved in the breakdown of fats in the intestinal cavity, as well as the ready-made "products" of their activity, preventing the absorption of both in the blood. Subsequently, the fats blocked in the intestine are excreted from the body with feces, which increases its fat content, can create a gas problem and frequent urge to defecate. On the work of other organs of the body, the drug, according to the manufacturer, does not affect, because it does not contact them. But all the organs of the body are related to each other, and the scheme presented by the manufacturer is greatly simplified, as evidenced by the side effects of Orsotene.
Side effects of Orsotene more often and most clearly affect the work of the intestine, especially its lower parts. They are manifested:
- increased gassing;
- increased urge to defecate;
- difficulties with postponing emptying (up to incontinence);
- oily discharge from the anus.
These symptoms are caused by the direct action of orlistat, and their brightness decreases as the proportion of fat in the diet decreases. But along with fats, Orsoten also blocks the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins from the intestine, including vitamins A, E and K, forming an avitaminosis for them.
Harm to the central nervous system, kidneys and gallbladder
A drug-induced cholesterol deficiency in the food is detrimental to the work of the central nervous system and the synthesis of a number of hormones, which can cause:
- headache (observed in more than 30% of patients receiving Orsoten);
- dizziness and disorientation;
- unreasonable anxiety;
- sleep disorders;
- slowing the regeneration of tissues after injuries or playing sports.
With long-term administration, the manifestations from the central nervous system decrease spontaneously, and then disappear. Acute cases of damage to the central nervous system after losing weight on the "Orsotene" is not fixed. Drinking alcohol does not change the effect of the drug. But in the list of its side effects, there are more serious consequences for health than transient swelling with migraine. Among them, cholelithiasis and associated in some cases, oxalaturia.
- . Gallstones . Normally, bile acids, along with the fats they split, are absorbed into the bloodstream and returned to the liver. The reception of Orsoten breaks this chain, creating a deficit. Blocking his cholesterol from food only complicates matters, because the liver synthesizes bile from it. The concentration of bile acids in bile falls, which increases the likelihood of the formation of stones. Most often - bilirubin. This dye is formed during the decay of erythrocytes, it stains blood plasma, urine, bile and feces in yellow-brown hues. Excess bilirubin in the blood has a toxic effect on the liver that processes it, and on the brain. Its excess in the bile leads to inflammation of the gallbladder walls and the formation of stones.
- . Oxalatite stones . Oxalates are formed in the kidneys in violation of the exchange of oxalic acid or its use in excess - with spinach, lettuce, sorrel and other sour vegetables or berries. Oxalates are characteristic for supporters of a vegetarian diet or persons treated for atherosclerosis. Cholesterol-rich animal fats that are blocked in the intestine by means of atherosclerosis or orlistat, bind in its cavity with calcium. He stops interacting with oxalic acid in the same place from food, which begins to enter the blood in a chemically pure form. Normally, this should not be, since calcium is present in the blood serum. When oxalic acid enters the blood, it binds to serum calcium. Calcium oxalates are no longer present in the intestines, where they are excreted through the rectum, but in the bloodstream, and accumulate in the kidneys when they are filtered.
Because of the irreversibility of some side effects (neurological and intestinal symptoms pass after its abolition, and cholelithiasis is not) and serious interference with the metabolism, Orsoten's administration is prohibited with the already available ones:
- – потому что она усилится с началом курса; oxalaturia - because it will intensify with the beginning of the course;
- – препарат спровоцирует резкое ухудшение желчнокаменной болезни; gallstones - the drug will cause a sharp deterioration of cholelithiasis;
- – нарушении общей всасываемости питательных веществ из кишечника в кровь, которое может возникать при дефиците пищеварительных ферментов («Орсотена» усиливает эти проявления и может привести к полной неусвояемости компонентов пищи); malabsorption syndrome - a violation of the general absorption of nutrients from the intestine into the blood, which can occur with a deficiency of digestive enzymes ("Orsotene" strengthens these manifestations and can lead to the complete non-assimilation of food components);
- – особенно возникшем как осложнение желчнокаменной болезни; chronic pancreatitis - especially arising as a complication of cholelithiasis;
- – даже если камни в почках не являются оксалатами, ведь нарушения обмена одних кислот (как мочевой при подагре) негативно сказываются и на обмене всех остальных; nephrolithiasis - even if the stones in the kidneys are not oxalates, because the disturbances in the exchange of certain acids (like urinary in gout) have a negative effect on the exchange of all the others;
- – прием «Орсотена» может усугубить ее течение или добавить проблем в виде желчнокаменной болезни. gout - the reception of "Orsotene" can aggravate its course or add problems in the form of cholelithiasis.
Among the contraindications to taking Orsotene also include pregnancy and breastfeeding, although orlistat is not absorbed from the intestine into the blood, and therefore does not penetrate the placenta or breast milk. The official explanation is the threat of deficiency of fat-soluble vitamins in the mother and the baby. But to this one must also add a sharply negative influence of Orsotene on cholesterol metabolism in the mother's body.
Instructions for the use of Orsotene
It does not matter how to drink "Orsoten" for the best effect, since this drug still does not have a high efficiency. The basis of excess weight (but not obesity) is a "bust" for carbohydrates, and not fats in food, for the exchange of which the medicine does not affect. In this case, an overdose of the drug can lead to side effects and increase their brightness, and weight loss it will not accelerate.
The daily dosage of Orsoten tablets is 120 mg (one Orsoten tablet or two Orsoten Slim), three times a day. Take the drug with food. If it is degreased, it is possible not to drink. In the scheme of taking Orsotene for weight loss, three or more months of its use have been laid down. The total term of treatment can be up to six months, which also reduces the appropriateness of its use, if you need to lose weight quickly.
Other weight loss methods
Medicine considers excess weight as a problem of malnutrition, and treats it to pathologies in exceptional cases - in diabetes mellitus and other large-scale metabolic disorders. She does not approve and does not develop drugs for weight loss, because no medicine can be taken throughout life - all have dangerous side effects.
The measures it offers for weight loss are reduced to lifelong adherence:
- balanced nutrition;
- correctly calculated physical activity.
Doctors can prescribe a diet, drugs and surgical intervention (suturing the stomach volume, putting synthetic fillers in its cavity for the same purpose), only after making a diagnosis related to the physiological, rather than psychological problems of the patient or his incorrect eating habits.
Due to a shortage of drugs to get rid of a small excess of fat in the absence of significant metabolic problems, healthy people with excess weight have to take funds created for the treatment of certain pathologies accompanied by obesity.
- Reduxin . The drug is based on sibutramine. It stimulates the onset of satiety, speeds up blood circulation and raises body temperature to improve glucose metabolism. "Reduxin" is strictly contraindicated in cardiovascular pathologies and at an age when the risk of their progression is so high (from 60 years and older).
- " Glukofazh ." And other agents based on biguanide metformin, developed for the treatment of type II diabetes mellitus. Metformin blocks the absorption of carbohydrates into the blood from the intestine and the work of the liver by splitting other components of food (fats, proteins) in order to fill its deficiency. Like the other biguanides, metformin is extremely toxic to the liver and kidneys, can cause complications in muscle tissue, especially when combined with increased physical activity or taking statins.
- "Porciola." A tool based on a carbomer of polyacrylic acid. This gellant and moisture retainer is used in the manufacture of face, body, and medicinal creams where the presence of a thickener or emulsifier is required. The intake of "Porciola" and other agents based on Carbomer 940 (an alternative name for the active ingredient) creates a false volume in the stomach. The feeling of satiety with her comes more quickly, and the place of high-calorie food takes up indigestible gel, which is then excreted through the rectum, with the remnants of the food mass.
- " Xenical ". It is a complete analogue of the Orsotene. Today, he is one admitted to long-term therapy of obesity, but just to reduce weight in order to improve the figure, he does not fit.
But most of all in the market of drugs for weight loss are represented ineffective or even dangerous for health fakes of doubtful origin and unclear composition. Their depressing appetite, which stimulates the work of the central nervous system, can be explained by the addition of amphetamine, caffeine, and ephedrine. Some of these "active bases" are available everywhere and at a much lower price, while some are classified as weak drugs and banned from legal sale. Among them you can find even an ordinary laxative or diuretic.
In comparison with similar means, tablets "Orsoten" for weight loss are still not the worst choice. After all, caffeine and ephedrine are dangerous for people with pathologies of the heart and blood vessels (especially if you do not know about their availability in the purchased product). And drugs, even lungs, are addictive, can lead to depletion of the central nervous system and stable anorexia.