The content of the article
The whole carcass cooked in the oven will decorate even the festive table. The charm of this dish in its satiety and quantity. After all, one hen can feed the whole company. And if you add vegetables to it, you will get the perfect solution for a garnish. But that both the taste and appearance of the carcass turned out to be ideal, it is important to know the secrets of choosing and cooking the bird.
5 secrets of a delicious chicken
The delicate taste of the dish is guaranteed if you carefully consider the choice of carcass. Only fresh meat will turn out soft, juicy and expressively aromatic. When buying, pay attention to the birds of medium size, weighing up to 1.5 kg. They lack a thick fat layer, and meat itself has a higher nutritional value. The caloric content of a chicken baked in the oven in this case will be minimal (about 190 Kcal per 100 grams of weight). And the benefit and pleasure are huge.
Pleases with a rich taste, a dish prepared with our recommendations.
- Choose a fresh carcass, which is distinguished by an even color of the skin. It should be pale yellow or slightly pinkish in color. The protruding fat should be white, the tissues are elastic (they quickly return the shape when pressed). The smell is slightly sweet, without an unpleasant ambre.
- Baking chicken in the oven should take place in a special dish. If you have an old cast iron frying pan, it will fit perfectly. The ceramic container also warms up evenly and keeps the heat well. Less successful are the shapes of glass and thin metal. In the latter, meat often burns. You can also purchase a special stand, in which the baking process takes place vertically. This allows the fat to drain down, which causes the crust to dry well.
- How much to bake a chicken in the oven depends on its weight. On average, it is enough to provide 40 minutes for each kilogram of weight. The temperature of frying the chicken in the oven should be 180-200 °. That is, a bird weighing 1.5 kg will cook for 1 hour. Significantly faster parts of the carcass of the same size are prepared, for example, just the lower leg or only the thighs. Bake the floor of a hen in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- To get a saturated and crispy crust, the temperature of cooking the chicken in the oven will need to be changed. First set the maximum for 30 minutes, so that the crust "grabbed". And the remaining time is baked at a temperature of 200 °. How much to cook a chicken in the oven in this case, you need to determine using a kitchen thermometer or visually. The thermometer is injected into the breast and thighs. These parts are considered ready if their temperature is 70 and 80 degrees, respectively. If there is no thermometer, the toothpick will help. Pierce her most meaty part of the carcass. Light juice will tell you that the dish can be removed from the oven.
- Chicken, baked in the oven, will get evenly juicy, if you put under the skin on the breast pieces of butter. This part of the carcass does not have a fatty layer, so it usually turns dry when baking the whole bird.
Turkish recipe with sour apples
This recipe is good because the bird is cooked simultaneously with the garnish. It, certainly, from vegetables, therefore it turns out it is tasty, satisfying and it is useful.
You will need:
- chicken - 1 piece;
- bow - 5 heads;
- potatoes - 5 tubers;
- carrots - 3 pieces;
- apple - 1 piece;
- mustard - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- parsley and thyme - 20 g;
- garlic - 2 teeth;
- sugar - tsp.
- Rinse and dry the carcass, pepper, salt inside and out.
- Put the whole apple inside.
- Mix mustard with lemon juice, add garlic and sugar. Sauce oil the bird, lay it in a mold.
- Cut the vegetables into pieces of medium size, chop the greens, mix.
- Place the side dish around the carcass, cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake at 200 ° for 30 minutes under the lid, then remove it and bake until the meat is ready.
If you plan to stuff the bird with garnish, put inside the already prepared stuffing, otherwise it will remain raw. The time of cooking the chicken in the oven does not change.
New flavors for your dish
Each housewife will have her own recipe for a baked chicken in the oven. The techniques of cooking it on a bank are popular, in which water is poured, broth or beer. And the salt, which always provides a golden color chicken crust.
We offer you new solutions, how to cook chicken in the oven. And to acquaint relatives with the original tastes of a familiar bird.
With lemon and garlic
Adding a lemon gives the meat a fresh note, and the garlic is an exquisite aroma and the same bitterness that we particularly appreciate in the grilled chicken.
You will need:
- chicken carcass - 1 piece;
- lemon - 1 large;
- garlic - 6 teeth;
- pepper, salt;
- thyme - 2 branches.
- Cut garlic with "petals", and lemon with thin slices.
- Rub the meat with pepper, salt, put a piece of lemon inside, thyme.
- Lay the chicken on the outside with lemon and garlic, wrap the foil with a shiny side inward.
- Bake at a temperature of 180 °.
In this recipe, breadcrumbs and garlic are used for breading, which makes the dish fragrant, and the crust is appetizingly golden. Pre-chicken should be cut into portions.
You will need:
- chicken - 1 piece;
- bread crumbs - a glass;
- garlic - 1 tbsp. a spoon (dry or fresh);
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- pepper and salt;
- Butter - 200 g.
- Mix the finely chopped garlic with the breadcrumbs.
- Beat eggs in a large container with a fork.
- Scrunch pepper and salt portions of chicken, dip into egg mixture and breadcrumb.
- Sauté the pieces in vegetable oil on high heat. The crust must become golden.
- Put them in a baking dish, top with butter.
- Bake at 200 ° for 40 minutes.