The content of the article
- Атеросклероз и холестерин: есть ли взаимосвязь 1 Atherosclerosis and cholesterol: is there a relationship
- Теории атерогенеза 2 Theories of atherogenesis
- Какие сосуды нуждаются в очищении 3 Which vessels need to be cleaned
- Научные методы очистки 4 Scientific methods of cleaning
- Как почистить сосуды народными способами 5 How to clean the vessels by folk methods
Atherosclerosis is the buildup of atheromatous plaques on the walls of arteries. Plaques are conglomerates, inside which are insoluble in the blood molecules of cholesterol and other fatty acids. They are attached to the walls of blood vessels with fibrin filaments. Subsequently, the adhered plaques are impregnated with calcium salts and harden together with the vessel wall under them. The vessel loses its elasticity, its clearance narrows.
Atherosclerosis is manifested by high pressure, impaired blood supply to the limbs. Its later complications are reduced to coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, or stroke. But varicose veins are not associated with it, because atheromatous plaques do not appear in the vessels of the veins - only in the arteries. Age-related diseases of the veins of the arms and legs are caused only by a gradual weakening and stretching of their walls.
Atherosclerosis and cholesterol: is there a relationship
Cholesterol is a water-insoluble substance. Therefore, to transport it with blood, the body uses protein molecules into which cholesterol is “packaged”. As a result, protein-lipid complexes (containers) are obtained. They are of two types:
- — склонные засорять сосуды; “Bad” (low density lipoproteins) - prone to clog vessels;
- — которые почти не образуют отложений на стенках сосудов и даже иногда «снимают» уже налипшие недавно «плохие» отложения и возвращаются с ними в печень. “Good” (high-density lipoproteins) - which almost do not form deposits on the walls of blood vessels and even sometimes “remove” the already accumulated “bad” deposits and return with them to the liver.
In addition to them, there are still chylomicrons (giant complexes) and very low density lipoproteins. Recently, researchers have been talking about the “very bad” oxycholesterol, a component of well-roasted animal products (repeatedly used for frying animal fat, grilled “crust”, powdered milk). "Bad" and "very bad" cholesterol play a leading role in the development of atherosclerosis, and the latter is also suspected of carcinogenicity.
The cholesterol contained within the plaques, along with the rest of the fat splitting products, is a vital substance. He is involved in the construction of cell membranes and protein membranes for neurons of the white matter of the brain, the synthesis of sex hormones, is the basis of bile. Recently, the participation of “bad” cholesterol in hypercompensation (weight gain) of muscles under the influence of training has been proven.
Most of the cholesterol enters the body with animal products, and less - is synthesized in the liver. If its food intake is reduced (for example, with the transition to a vegetarian diet), the liver is able to independently increase its production by 20-35%. Therefore, vegetarianism has not justified itself as a way to clear the vessels from plaques. And atherosclerosis among plant food supporters is developed as strongly as that of supporters of a mixed diet. They are also more common:
- — в то время как у «мясоедов» более распространены ураты в почках; oxalate and phosphate stones - while in "meat eaters" urates are more common in the kidneys;
- — после травм, обширных воспалений и хирургических вмешательств; difficulties with recovery after injuries, extensive inflammations and surgical interventions;
- — при занятиях спортом. problems with muscle growth - when playing sports.
Vegetarian mothers are required to prescribe a return to a normal diet for the entire period of pregnancy and lactation. It has already been proven that cholesterol deficiency in their diet leads to congenital defects of the mental and physical development of the fetus, which is not amenable to correction. In the wake of the “anti-cholesterol” movement in the second half of the last century, there were even stillbirths and infant deaths associated with critically low cholesterol in the body and breastmilk of expectant mothers.
Over the past half century, several versions of the development of atherosclerosis have been considered, but none of them has been confirmed experimentally or in practice.
- . Excess cholesterol in food . This option is refuted by data on the causes of death among vegetarians, where the ratio of cardiovascular and other pathologies is the same as among fans of a mixed diet. With the discovery of hepatic cholesterol synthesis, this version, in general, should have disappeared forever, but it is considered the main one today.
- . Features of blood flow . The assumption that cholesterol plaques linger on narrow or insufficiently elastic sections of blood vessels refutes the fact that it is not the capillaries that are most susceptible to clogging by plaques, but the coronary and carotid arteries are the largest vessels of the body with the most intense blood flow. Atherosclerosis of the lower limbs significantly lags behind them, developing only as the hip joints age.
- . Carcinogenic cholesterol . Checking the version that atherosclerosis is a form of cancer gave an unexpected result. It was experimentally established that in cancer patients the level of vascular debris by cholesterol is lower, and not higher than in other people. The relationship between cancer and cholesterol was that the substance is part of the membranes of any cells, including malignant. A malignant tumor grows ten times faster than healthy tissue. It absorbs all the free cholesterol in the patient’s body, saving him from atherosclerosis.
- . Pathology of the liver . The possibility of the production of “irregular” membranes for cholesterol or plasma proteins by the liver that “sews” it to the walls of blood vessels is being considered now. Convincing (more than 50% of cases and more) the relationship between the rate of atherosclerosis and various liver diseases was not found, although a certain correlation is present.
- . Hormonal background . Interest in this version spurred the fact that, in women of childbearing age, the development of pathology is hampered by estrogens. And after menopause, the rate of clogging of blood vessels in them is aligned with that of men. But it has not yet been possible to deliver the treatment of atherosclerosis with steroids, since an external background does not give the same effect as the native one.
Immediately after the discovery of the topic of cholesterol harm in the United States, several long-term studies of the relationship between atherosclerosis and the lifestyle of its owner were launched. Some of them are still ongoing, but most are already completed. Thanks to them, the following interesting observations were made, although they did not give answers to questions about atherosclerosis:
- — курение, прием спиртных и тонизирующих напитков, малоподвижность не влияют на скорость развития атеросклероза; bad habits are not so harmful - smoking, taking alcohol and tonic drinks, inactivity does not affect the rate of atherosclerosis;
- — активный образ жизни повышает приспособляемость сердечно-сосудистой системы к работе в условиях постепенного дряхления сосудов, но не замедляет засорение сосудов; the benefits of sports are not so high - an active lifestyle increases the adaptability of the cardiovascular system to work in conditions of gradual dilapidation of blood vessels, but does not slow down the clogging of blood vessels;
- — повышенный уровень «плохого» холестерина в крови сопровождается ускоренным отложением бляшек не всегда, а меньше, чем в половине случаев; “Bad” cholesterol is not so bad - an increased level of “bad” cholesterol in the blood is accompanied by an accelerated deposition of plaques not always, but less than in half of the cases;
- — количество поглощаемого с пищей холестерина влияет на активность его синтеза в печени, но скорость развития атеросклероза от него не зависит. animal products are no more dangerous than vegetable products - the amount of cholesterol absorbed in food affects the activity of its synthesis in the liver, but the rate of atherosclerosis does not depend on it.
CNS stimulants like tobacco, caffeine, while not accelerating atherosclerosis itself, can accelerate the onset of a heart attack, stroke, and its other complications. Diabetes also stimulates the deposition of cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels. Glucose, the concentration of which in diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2 in the blood is always above the norm, destroys the molecules of collagen and elastin. A layer of these viscous proteins is not only in the skin, but also in the walls of blood vessels - to maintain their elasticity. And sugar destroys it, making the vessels fragile and brittle.
What vessels need cleansing
Purging of vessels with folk remedies or even medication, under the supervision of a physician, is most needed by the following arteries:
- main arteries of the extremities.
Cleaning can be carried out for the prevention of atherosclerosis or for therapeutic purposes, since not only hypertension and numbness in the extremities go along with plaques. In women, the corns and callosities on the feet disappear, and in men, there is an improvement in potency, which strongly depends on the quality of the heart and blood vessels. The only problem is how to clean the vessels of cholesterol, if the decrease in its share in the diet:
- — печень восполнит его дефицит за счет собственной выработки; it is useless - the liver will fill its deficit due to its own production;
- — без миелиновых оболочек белое вещество головного мозга перестает проводить сигналы в кору, а без желчи невозможно здоровое пищеварение. and dangerous - without the myelin sheaths, the white matter of the brain ceases to carry signals into the cortex, and without bile, healthy digestion is impossible.
Scientific cleaning methods
Cardiology suggests cleaning the vessels of the brain and other organs from plaques with the help of statins. This is a whole class of drugs, including Simvastatin, Lovastatin, and Rosuvastatin. They all block the production of cholesterol in the liver.
Statins are prescribed in the last stages of atherosclerosis, in CHD, hypertensive crises, the threat of a heart attack or stroke, and also after them during the rehabilitation period. Previously, they were appointed and for preventive purposes. But the serious side effects found behind them gradually narrowed down the range of their use only in severe cases.
The most dangerous side effects of statins come down to:
- drug hepatitis and liver failure;
- gallstone disease;
- liver cancer (in 60% of individuals in a five-year term);
- myopathy up to rhabdomyolysis (muscle necrosis).
Cleaning the blood vessels at home with the help of statins turned out to be life-threatening no less than the complications of atherosclerosis themselves. And although the work on improving the properties of these drugs continues, they are now recommended for administration only with an extremely high probability of atherosclerosis complications. In addition to these, there are other groups of "cleansing" drugs.
- . Fibric acid derivatives . Bile synthesis stimulants that increase cholesterol consumption (bile contains cholesterol). They are highly carcinogenic and provoke gallstone disease in the first few years from the start of the intake.
- . Sequestrants of bile acids . Blocking the absorption of bile from the intestines, along with everything that she split. Gases, diarrhea and colic are the most common effects of treatment, and the most dangerous of them is the development of chronic pancreatitis.
- . Nicotinic acid . Vitamin PP. In the case of atherosclerosis, it prevents spontaneous lipolysis - the entry of cholesterol and fatty acids from the subcutaneous fat into the bloodstream. Like all B vitamins, it also strengthens the walls of blood vessels, stabilizes their work and the heart muscle.
How to clean the vessels by folk methods
The discussion of how to clean and strengthen the blood vessels with herbs, you need to start with the fact that traditional medicine is powerless against atherosclerosis as well as scientific. It is possible to strengthen the vessels with its methods, but it cannot be cleaned of existing sediments.
Low efficiency products
Atheromatous plaques tend to inflame. This leads to their accelerated hardening and cracking, which is fraught with rupture of the walls of blood vessels or spontaneous thrombus formation. The basis of the treatment of atherosclerosis should be a reduction in inflammatory reactions in the vessels. But part of the folk remedies, with the help of which supposedly you can clean the vessels of the heart and other major arteries of the body, does not give a similar effect. We list some of these useless measures.
- . Soda Its action on ingestion is limited to the quenching of hydrochloric acid in the stomach with the release of carbon dioxide and water. Soda well helps against heartburn and serves as a means of radical skin whitening in home cosmetology. With regular ingestion, it shifts the balance of acidic media, including urine and sweat, to the alkaline side. This may to some extent compensate for acidosis (acidity) in inflammatory reactions, but it is unlikely to have a positive effect on the walls of blood vessels.
- . Flax . Natural enveloping agent, which is prescribed for disorders of the digestive tract, gastritis, duodenitis, gastric ulcer and intestinal. The mucus contained in flax seeds is not an absorbent capable of binding bile, fatty acids or other compounds associated with atherosclerosis. But flax oil contains the “right” ratio of omega-6 / omega-3 fatty acids, close to 1 / 4.2. It is this ratio of these components helps to reduce the reactions of inflammation in the vascular wall. However, in order to obtain an anti-inflammatory effect, it is much more reasonable to use not flax, but oil from it, to clean the vessels.
- . Honey A mixture of polysaccharides, among which are rare, like levulosis, and common, like glucose (it is most in honey). The exchange of sugar in the body is associated with atherosclerosis in that the increase in its level in the blood accelerates the destruction of blood vessels. And the differences in the assimilation of natural honey and granulated sugar by the body are small. Therefore, it is necessary to behave more carefully with honey.
- . Nuts As well as nuts with honey as the most common option. The dish is considered useful for professional athletes, because in sports high energy costs are combined with maintaining a certain weight category. Nuts are associated with the topic of atherosclerosis, lack of cholesterol and the presence of omega-unsaturated fatty acids. But their reception can not significantly affect the rate of atherogenesis.
- . Hydrogen peroxide . Outdoor antiseptic, which later began to be used for removing papillomas and other unapproved science goals. The authorship of the systems of treatment with soda and hydrogen peroxide belongs to I. P. Neumyvakin, a scientific and practical figure from the field of space medicine (medical support for flights into space), a doctor of science who became interested in healing after the collapse of the USSR. The hypotheses created by him during this period did not receive scientific confirmation, the reviews about the results of their use are also contradictory.
High Efficiency Techniques
Among the tools that can reduce the likelihood and intensity of inflammation of plaques / vascular walls, we can distinguish the following.
- . Bay leaf . Rich in phytoncides, tannins and alkaloid-based essential oils. They all have antibiotic properties because they are moderately toxic, especially in relation to the central nervous system. Partial poisonousness distinguishes almost all seasonings, including ginger root. And black, red pepper and radish even contain alkaloids of the same series as the deadly aconite. Acceptance of decoctions and infusions of bay leaf gives an acceleration of blood circulation and suppression of the reaction of the inflammatory response, an increase in vascular tone, an accelerated separation of bile (a field for “recycling” cholesterol). Similarly, you can use ginger, chicory, cinnamon, fresh radish, radish and horseradish, a decoction of oak bark, celandine, lilac-colored.
- . Apple Cider Vinegar As well as fresh fruit from any citrus, sour berries. Food acids are weak antiseptics and anticoagulants. They simultaneously reduce the likelihood of thrombosis, reduce the intensity of inflammation in the plaques and the walls of blood vessels. Particular attention should be paid to Kalina and mountain ash - berries, saturated not only with acids, but also with tannins (natural antibiotics), which give them astringent taste.
- . Onions and garlic . Good stimulants of appetite, bile outflow, digestion, blood circulation and fat metabolism. Their caustic juice sanitizes the cavity of the digestive organs, but it has only a moderate anti-inflammatory effect on the tissue outside. Eat onions and garlic for the treatment of atherosclerosis should be exclusively fresh. And Tibetan garlic tincture and other secondary products from them have a reduced therapeutic value.
This infusion irritates the walls of the stomach and intestines less fresh juice of lemon or garlic. Cleaning the blood vessels at home with it reduces the risk of increased pain and new bleeding.