The content of the article
- Атеросклероз и холестерин: есть ли взаимосвязь 1 Atherosclerosis and cholesterol: is there an interrelation
- Теории атерогенеза 2 Theories of atherogenesis
- Какие сосуды нуждаются в очищении 3 Which vessels need to be cleaned
- Научные методы очистки 4 Scientific methods of cleaning
- Как почистить сосуды народными способами 5 How to clean the vessels with folk methods
Atherosclerosis is the adherence of atheromatous plaques to the walls of the arteries. Plaques are conglomerates, inside of which are insoluble molecules of cholesterol and other fatty acids. They are attached to the walls of the vessels with the help of filaments of fibrin. Subsequently, the stuck plaques are impregnated with calcium salts and harden together with the wall of the vessel beneath them. The vessel loses its elasticity, its lumen narrows.
Atherosclerosis is manifested by high blood pressure, violation of the blood supply to the extremities. Its late complications are reduced to ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction or stroke. But varicose with it is not connected, because atheromatous plaques in the veins do not appear - only in the arteries. Age-related diseases of the veins of the hands and feet are caused only by the gradual weakening and stretching of their walls.
Atherosclerosis and cholesterol: is there any relationship
Cholesterol is a substance insoluble in water. Therefore, for its transportation with blood, the body uses protein molecules in which cholesterol is "packaged". As a result, protein-lipid complexes (containers) are obtained. They come in two types:
- — склонные засорять сосуды; "Bad" (low-density lipoproteins) - inclined to clog vessels;
- — которые почти не образуют отложений на стенках сосудов и даже иногда «снимают» уже налипшие недавно «плохие» отложения и возвращаются с ними в печень. "Good" (high-density lipoproteins) - which almost do not form deposits on the walls of the vessels and even sometimes "remove" the already accumulated "bad" deposits and return with them to the liver.
In addition to these, there are still chylomicrons (giant complexes) and very low density lipoproteins. Recently, researchers have also talked about the "very bad" oxycholesterol, a component of well-roasted animal products (repeatedly used for frying animal fat, grilling, dry milk). "Bad" and "very bad" cholesterol play a leading role in the development of atherosclerosis, and the latter is also suspected of being carcinogenic.
Cholesterol, contained inside plaques, along with the rest of the products of fat splitting, is a vital substance. He participates in the construction of cell membranes and protein membranes for neurons of white matter of the brain, the synthesis of sex hormones, forms the basis of bile. Recently, participation of "bad" cholesterol in hypercompensation (weight gain) of muscles under the influence of training has been proven.
Most of the cholesterol enters the body with products of animal origin, while the smaller part is synthesized in the liver. If his intake with food decreases (for example, with the transition to a vegetarian diet), the liver is able to independently increase its production by 20-35%. Therefore, vegetarianism has not justified itself as a way to cleanse the blood vessels from plaques. And atherosclerosis in the supporters of plant foods is developed as much as the adherents of the mixed diet. They are also more likely to encounter:
- — в то время как у «мясоедов» более распространены ураты в почках; oxalate and phosphate stones - while "meat eaters" are more common in urate in the kidneys;
- — после травм, обширных воспалений и хирургических вмешательств; difficulties with recovery - after injuries, extensive inflammation and surgical interventions;
- — при занятиях спортом. problems with the growth of muscles - in sports.
Vegetarian mothers are required to return to normal nutrition for the entire period of pregnancy and lactation. It has already been proven that the cholesterol deficiency in their diet leads to congenital malformations of the fetus that can not be corrected. On the wave of "anti-cholesterol" movement in the second half of the last century there were cases of even stillbirth and infant death associated with critically low cholesterol in the body and breast milk of expectant mothers.
Theories of atherogenesis
Over the past half-century, several versions of the development of atherosclerosis have been considered, but none of them has been confirmed experimentally or in practice.
- . Excess cholesterol in food . This variant refutes data on the causes of mortality among vegetarians, where the ratio of cardiovascular and other pathologies is the same as among fans of mixed diets. With the discovery of liver cholesterol synthesis, this version, in general, was supposed to disappear forever, but it is still considered the main one today.
- . Features of blood flow . The suggestion that cholesterol plaques linger on narrow or inadequate elastic sections of blood vessels disproves the fact that capillaries are not the most susceptible to clogging, and coronary and carotid arteries are the largest vessels of the body with the most intense blood flow. Atherosclerosis of the lower extremities lags far behind them, developing only with the aging of the hip joints.
- . Carcinogenicity of cholesterol . Checking the version that atherosclerosis is a form of cancer gave an unexpected result. It has been experimentally established that in the case of cancer patients the level of vascular contamination with cholesterol is lower, and not higher than that of other people. The relationship between cancer and cholesterol was that this substance is a part of the membranes of any cells, including malignant ones. Malignant tumor grows tens of times faster than healthy tissue. It absorbs all free cholesterol in the patient's body, relieving it of atherosclerosis.
- . Liver pathology . The possibility of producing the "wrong" shells for cholesterol or plasma proteins "sewing" it to the walls of the vessels, is still being considered. Convincing (more than 50% of cases and more) the relationship between the rate of development of atherosclerosis and various liver diseases is not found, although a certain correlation is present.
- . Hormonal background . Interest in this version was spurred by the fact that in women of childbearing age, the development of pathology is inhibited by estrogens. And after menopause the rate of clogging of blood vessels in them is equalized with that of men. But to put the treatment of atherosclerosis with steroids has not yet been possible, since the background background does not give the same effect as the native one.
Immediately after the discovery of the topic of the harm of cholesterol in the United States, several long-term studies of the relationship between atherosclerosis and the way of life of its owner were launched. Some of them still last, but most have already been completed. Thanks to them, the following interesting, although not giving answers to questions about atherosclerosis, were observed:
- — курение, прием спиртных и тонизирующих напитков, малоподвижность не влияют на скорость развития атеросклероза; bad habits are not so harmful - smoking, taking alcohol and tonic drinks, lack of mobility do not affect the rate of development of atherosclerosis;
- — активный образ жизни повышает приспособляемость сердечно-сосудистой системы к работе в условиях постепенного дряхления сосудов, но не замедляет засорение сосудов; the use of sport is not so high - an active way of life increases the adaptability of the cardiovascular system to work in conditions of gradual senescence of blood vessels, but does not slow down the clogging of blood vessels;
- — повышенный уровень «плохого» холестерина в крови сопровождается ускоренным отложением бляшек не всегда, а меньше, чем в половине случаев; "Bad" cholesterol is not so bad - an elevated level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood is accompanied by an accelerated deposition of plaques not always, but less than half the time;
- — количество поглощаемого с пищей холестерина влияет на активность его синтеза в печени, но скорость развития атеросклероза от него не зависит. animal products are not more dangerous than plant foods - the amount of cholesterol absorbed with food affects the activity of its synthesis in the liver, but the rate of development of atherosclerosis does not depend on it.
Stimulants of the central nervous system like tobacco, caffeine, although they do not accelerate atherosclerosis itself, can accelerate the onset of heart attack, stroke and other complications. Diabetes mellitus also stimulates the deposition of cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels. Glucose, the concentration of which in diabetes mellitus 1 and 2 types in the blood is always above normal, destroys the molecules of collagen and elastin. A layer of these viscous proteins is not only in the skin, but also in the walls of the vessels - to maintain their elasticity. And sugar destroys it, making the vessels brittle and brittle.
What vessels need to be cleansed
Cleaning of blood vessels by folk remedies or even medicamentally, under the supervision of a doctor, is most needed for the following arteries:
- the arteries of the extremities.
Purification can be carried out for the prevention of atherosclerosis or for therapeutic purposes, since along with the plaques, not only hypertension and numbness in the extremities go away. Women lose their nails and calluses on their feet, and men have an improvement in potency, which depends heavily on the quality of the heart and vessels. The only problem is how to clean the vessels of cholesterol, if the decrease in its share in the diet:
- — печень восполнит его дефицит за счет собственной выработки; it is useless - the liver will fill its deficit at the expense of its own output;
- — без миелиновых оболочек белое вещество головного мозга перестает проводить сигналы в кору, а без желчи невозможно здоровое пищеварение. and it is dangerous - without the myelin sheaths, the white matter of the brain ceases to carry signals into the cortex, and without bile, healthy digestion is impossible.
Scientific methods of cleaning
Cardiology offers to clean the vessels of the brain and other organs from plaques with the help of statins. This is a whole class of drugs, including "Simvastatin", "Lovastatin", "Rosuvastatin". All of them block the production of cholesterol in the liver.
Statins prescribe at the last stages of atherosclerosis, with IHD, hypertensive crises, the threat of a heart attack or stroke, and after them - during the rehabilitation period. Previously, they were prescribed for preventive purposes. But the serious side effects discovered behind them gradually narrowed the range of their use only in severe cases.
The most dangerous side effects of statins are:
- drug hepatitis and liver failure;
- liver cancer (in 60% of individuals in a five-year perspective);
- Myopathy up to rhabdomyolysis (muscle necrosis).
Cleaning the blood vessels at home with statins proved to be as dangerous to life as the complications of atherosclerosis themselves. And although the work to improve the properties of these drugs continues, they are now recommended for use only with an extremely high probability of complications of atherosclerosis. In addition to these, there are other groups from "cleansing" medicines.
- . Derivatives of fibroic acid . Stimulants of bile synthesis, which increase cholesterol consumption (bile contains cholesterol). They are highly carcinogenic and provoke gallstone disease in the first few years from the beginning of the admission.
- . Sequestants of bile acids . Blocking absorption of bile from the intestine along with everything that it has split. Gases, diarrhea and colic are the most common consequences of treatment with them, and the most dangerous of them is the development of chronic pancreatitis.
- . Nicotinic acid . Vitamin PP. In the case of atherosclerosis, it prevents spontaneous lipolysis - the ingestion of cholesterol and fatty acids into the bloodstream from the subcutaneous fatty layer. Like all B vitamins, it also strengthens the walls of the vessels, stabilizes the work of their and the heart muscle.
How to clean vessels with folk methods
Discussion of the question of how to clean and strengthen the vessels with the help of herbs, it is necessary to start with the fact that traditional medicine is powerless against atherosclerosis as well as scientific medicine. Strengthen the vessels by its methods possible, and cleanse from existing deposits - no.
Means with low efficiency
Atheromatous plaques tend to become inflamed. This leads to their accelerated solidification and cracking, which is fraught with rupture of the walls of the vessels or spontaneous thrombus formation. The basis for the treatment of atherosclerosis should be a reduction in inflammatory reactions in the vessels. But part of the folk remedies, through which it is supposedly possible to clean the vessels of the heart and other major arteries of the body, does not give such an effect. We list some of these useless measures.
- . Soda . Its effect upon ingestion is limited to the quenching of hydrochloric acid in the stomach with the release of carbon dioxide and water. Soda well helps with heartburn and serves as a means of radical bleaching of the skin in home cosmetology. With regular ingestion, it shifts the balance of acidic media, including urine and sweat, to the alkaline side. This can compensate to some extent acidosis (acidity) in inflammatory reactions, but it is unlikely to positively affect the walls of the vessels.
- . Flax . Natural enveloping agent, which is prescribed for violations of the digestive tract, gastritis, duodenitis, peptic ulcer and intestines. Contained in flax seeds, mucus is not an absorbent capable of binding bile, fatty acids or other associated with atherosclerosis compounds. But the flaxseed oil contains the "correct" ratio of omega-6 / omega-3 fatty acids, close to 1 / 4,2. It is this ratio of these components that contributes to the reduction of inflammatory reactions in the vascular wall. However, in order to obtain an anti-inflammatory effect, it is much more reasonable to use not oil for cleaning the vessels, but oil from it.
- . Honey . A mixture of polysaccharides, among which are rare, like levulose, and common, like glucose (its honey is the most). The exchange of sugar in the body is associated with atherosclerosis in that the increase in its level in the blood accelerates the destruction of blood vessels. A difference in the assimilation of the body of natural honey and sugar-sand is small. Therefore, it is necessary to behave with honey with caution.
- . Nuts . And also nuts with honey as the most common option. The dish is considered useful for professional athletes, because in sports high energy costs are combined with maintaining a certain weight category. Nuts are associated with the topic of atherosclerosis in the absence of cholesterol in them and the presence of omega-unsaturated fatty acids. But they can not significantly affect the rate of atherogenesis.
- . Hydrogen peroxide . An external antiseptic, which was subsequently used to excrete papillomas and other unapproved science goals. The authorship of the systems for the treatment of soda and hydrogen peroxide belongs to IP Neumyvakin, a scientist and practical figure from the field of space medicine (medical support of flights to space), a doctor of sciences who after the breakup of the USSR was carried away by healing. Hypotheses created by him during this period have not received scientific confirmation, the feedback on the results of their application is also contradictory.
Techniques with high efficiency
Among the means that can reduce the likelihood and intensity of inflammation of plaques / walls of blood vessels, the following can be distinguished.
- . Bay leaf . Rich in phytoncides, tannins and essential oils based on alkaloids. They all have the properties of antibiotics because they are moderately toxic, especially with respect to the central nervous system. Partial poisonousness differs almost all seasonings, including the root of ginger. And black, red pepper and radish even contain alkaloids of the same series as the deadly aconite. Receiving broths and infusions of bay leaves gives an acceleration of blood circulation and suppression of the response of the inflammatory response, an increase in the tone of the vessels, accelerated separation of bile (a field for "utilization" of cholesterol). Similarly, you can use ginger, chicory, cinnamon, fresh from radish, radish and horseradish, decoction of the bark of oak, celandine, the color of lilac.
- . Apple cider vinegar . And also fresh from any citrus, sour berries. Food acids are weak antiseptics and anticoagulants. They simultaneously reduce the likelihood of thrombosis, reduce the intensity of inflammation in the plaques and walls of blood vessels. Particular attention should be paid to the Kalyne and the rowan - berries, saturated not only with acids but also with tannins (natural antibiotics), which give them astringent taste.
- . Onions and garlic . Good stimulants of appetite, outflow of bile, digestion, circulation and metabolism of fats. Their caustic juice sanitizes the cavity of the digestive organs, but it has only a mild anti-inflammatory effect on the tissues outside of them. Use onions and garlic for the treatment of atherosclerosis should be extremely fresh. And Tibetan garlic tincture and other secondary products from them have a reduced therapeutic value.
This infusion irritates the walls of the stomach and intestines with less fresh juice of lemon or garlic. Cleaning the vessels at home with it reduces the risk of increased pain and new bleeding.