The content of the article
- Положительные эффекты препарата 1 Positive effects of the drug
- Сферы применения 2 Areas of application
- В каких случаях нельзя использовать 3 When can not be used
- Инструкция по применению «Фуразолидона»: интенсивность терапии в зависимости от патологии 4 Instructions for the application of "Furazolidone": intensity of therapy depending on the pathology
- Как переносится 5 How is it transferred
"Furazolidon" is an antimicrobial agent with experience. For the first time the active substance of the same name was synthesized in the 1950s by Soviet scientists S.A. Giller and R.Yu. Kalnberg. A distinctive feature of Furazolidon is that bacteria are not able to develop resistance to it, so it is effective against different microbes resistant to antibiotics and sulfonamides.
Synonyms of "Furazolidon": "Diafuron", "Furokson", "Neftin", "Neocollene", "Nifulidon", "Optazol". Analogues on the effect: "Nifuroxazide", "Enterofuril", "Imipenem", "Ciprofloxacin". Product: tablets of 0.05 g in a package of 20 pieces and granules of 50 g in glass containers of 150 ml.
The positive effects of the drug
The substance furazolidone is a derivative of nitrofuran. It is able to suppress the multiplication and growth of gram-negative bacteria, as well as unicellular microorganisms of trichomonads and lamblia. Has a bacteriostatic effect, which is achieved due to the following mechanisms:
- suppresses enzyme systems of microorganisms;
- violates the mechanism of endogenous respiration;
- inhibits intracellular protein synthesis.
Gnarodnye microorganisms and anaerobic infection to "Furazolidon" is relatively stable.
The tablet contains excipients, which should be taken into account when prescribing the medicine:
- potato starch;
- lactose monohydrate;
- calcium stearate.
Absorption from the digestive system occurs quickly, "Furazolidone" is able to penetrate into the central nervous system. Bioavailability is 30%, the maximum concentration is reached after about three hours. Therapeutic effect is observed for six hours. The main metabolism takes place in the liver. 65% of the drug is excreted by the kidneys, the rest is from the bile through the intestine. This ensures its effect in intestinal infections. With renal failure, its excretion slows down, the drug accumulates in the blood.
The main indications for the use of "Furazolidon" are intestinal infections accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting. Sometimes apply Furazolidon in gynecology and urology.
- Food poisoning. This is a group of infectious diseases that have arisen as a result of human poisoning by products contaminated with microbial flora. The main symptoms are caused by bacterial toxins. This is nausea, vomiting, frequent loose stools, fever and dehydration. It is important to consult a doctor in time to distinguish between food and rotavirus infection. If the cause of the disease is a virus, then "Furazolidone" will not help.
- Dysentery. For this infectious disease is characterized by the defeat of the large intestine with the development of dysentery colitis. The disease begins with an increase in body temperature, later joins a frequent (up to 20 times a day) stool, pain and rumbling in the abdomen. With the development of the disease, the character of defecation changes, instead of stools, a small amount of mucus with blood is released, the so-called "rectal spitting".
- Paratyphuses. The cause of this disease are bacteria from the genus Salmonella. Another name is salmonellosis. It differs from other intestinal infections by the presence of rose-oleic rash, which affects the patient, starting from the fourth day of the disease.
- . Trichomoniasis . Infectious disease, sexually transmitted. The organs of the genitourinary system of women and men are affected. It appears in the form of colpitis, vaginitis, endometritis, salpingoophoritis, urethritis.
- . Giardiasis . The cause of this disease are the simplest microorganisms - Giardia. They parasitize in the small intestine and can not manifest themselves for a long time. The clinical picture arises from the lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (chronic enteritis) or the gallbladder (cholangitis, cholecystitis). The patient may be bothered by persistent headaches and fatigue. Often this is the only symptom.
- Cystitis. Apply if inflammation of the bladder is caused by a sensitive flora. But you can not combine "Furazolidon" and antibiotics - tetracyclines and aminoglycosides. This can lead to anemia.
- . Stomach ulcer . "Furazolidone" is not a drug of choice, but recently the cases of Helicobacter pylori resistance to antibiotics have become more frequent. Therefore, therapy using this nitrofuran derivative is allowed as a reserve.
- . Pancreatitis . With inflammation of the pancreas, furazolidone is used in combination with other antimicrobial agents.
- Sanitation of organs. To prepare for surgery for hemorrhoids, with chronic pharyngitis, gastritis, proctitis.
- . Burns and wound infections . It is applied topically in the form of a solution or moist dressings.
When can I not use
Contraindications to "Furazolidon" include serious diseases and conditions:
- – индивидуальная непереносимость лекарства и его компонентов; Allergy - an individual intolerance to the drug and its components;
- – проблемы с выведением фуразолидона; impaired renal function - problems with the withdrawal of furazolidone;
- нарушение метаболизма препарата; Insufficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase - a violation of the metabolism of the drug;
- – невозможна утилизация лекарства; pathology of the liver - it is impossible to dispose of the medicine;
- – негативное влияние на плод; pregnancy and lactation - a negative effect on the fetus;
- – нежелательно применение в раннем возрасте из-за несовершенства метаболизма. children under eight years of age - it is undesirable to use at an early age because of imperfect metabolism.
Instructions for the application of "Furazolidone": intensity of therapy depending on the pathology
Dosages in the treatment of "Furazolidone" depend on the pathology. It is convenient to use the table to determine the dose and the frequency of reception.
Table - Dosage of "Furazolidone"
|Pathology||Dosage||Multiplicity of reception|
|Dysentery, salmonellosis, food poisoning|| - Adults 2-3 tablets; |
- Children of 6 mg / kg body weight
| - 4 times a day; |
- Course 5-6 days;
- course 3-6 days with a break of 3-4 days
|Lambliasis|| - Adults with 2 tablets; |
- Children of 6 mg / kg body weight
| 3-4 times a day; |
- course 5-6 days
|Trichomonas colpitis|| - 2 tablets inside; |
- Vaginally 5-6 g powder together with lactose;
- rectally suppositories with 4-5 g of the drug
| - Tablets 3-4 times a day for 3 days; |
- candles and vaginal forms - for 7-14 days
|Trichomonal Urethritis||2 tablets each|| - 4 times a day; |
- course 3 days
|Helicobacter eradication||2 tablets in the complex treatment with bismuth subcitrate and antibiotics "Clarithromycin", "Amoxicillin"||7 days|
How is it transferred?
Among all derivatives of nitrofuran, "Furazolidone" is the most easily tolerated, but has various side effects. Sometimes there are:
- suppression of appetite;
- dyspeptic phenomena;
- allergic reactions.
Perhaps the development of a hypersensitivity reaction with a decrease in blood pressure, fever and joint pain. Against the background of long oral administration, there is a violation of microflora with the development of dysbacteriosis.
Since "Furazolidon" inhibits the enzyme monoamine oxidase, it is necessary to observe certain preventive measures when using it: exclude from the diet products rich in tyramine (cheese, cream, beer, wine, chocolate, smoked products, seafood). Combined treatment with antidepressants - MAO inhibitors, sympathomimetics should be extremely cautious, since the risk of hypertensive crisis is high.
Maximum doses of "Furazolidon" for adults inside:
- – 0,2 г; single - 0.2 g;
- – 0,8 г. daily - 0.8 g.
In case of an overdose, patients report neurotoxic effects. Possible development of toxic hepatitis, problems from the hemopoietic system.
For the long history of the application of Furazolidone, there are a lot of doctors' opinions about this drug. Both positive and negative, associated with the toxic effect of the drug. Given its relative cheapness and affordability, the use of "furazolidone" for adults and older children is widespread. However, self-medication with this medicine is unacceptable, extremely dangerous.