The content of the article
- Положительные эффекты препарата 1 Positive effects of the drug
- Сферы применения 2 Applications
- В каких случаях нельзя использовать 3 In what cases can not be used
- Инструкция по применению «Фуразолидона»: интенсивность терапии в зависимости от патологии 4 Instructions for use "Furazolidone": the intensity of therapy depending on the pathology
- Как переносится 5 How is transferred
"Furazolidone" - an antimicrobial agent with experience. For the first time the active substance of the same name was synthesized in the 50s of the 20th century by Soviet scientists S.А. Giller and R.Yu. Kalnberg. A distinctive feature of "Furazolidone" is that bacteria are not able to develop resistance to it, so it is effective against various microbes that are resistant to antibiotics and sulfonamides.
Synonyms "Furazolidone": "Diafuron", "Furokson", "Neftin", "Neokolen", "Nifulidon", "Optazol". Analogues of the effect: "Nifuroksazid", "Enterofuril", "Imipenem", "Ciprofloxacin". Product form: tablets of 0.05 g in a package of 20 pieces and granules of 50 g in 150 ml glass containers.
The positive effects of the drug
The substance furazolidone is a derivative of nitrofuran. It is able to suppress the reproduction and growth of gram-negative bacteria, as well as unicellular microorganisms Trichomonas and Giardia. It has a bacteriostatic action, which is achieved through the following mechanisms:
- inhibits the enzyme systems of microorganisms;
- violates the mechanism of endogenous respiration;
- inhibits intracellular protein synthesis.
Pyogenic microorganisms and anaerobic infection to "furazolidone" is relatively stable.
The tablet contains excipients that need to be considered when prescribing a drug:
- potato starch;
- lactose monohydrate;
- calcium stearate.
Absorption from the digestive system occurs quickly; Furazolidone is able to penetrate the central nervous system. Bioavailability - 30%, the maximum concentration is reached in about three hours. The therapeutic effect is observed for six hours. The main metabolism occurs in the liver. 65% of the drug is excreted by the kidneys, the rest - from the bile through the intestines. This ensures its action in intestinal infections. In renal failure, its elimination slows down, the drug accumulates in the blood.
Spheres of application
The main indications for the use of "Furazolidone" are intestinal infections, accompanied by diarrhea, vomiting. Sometimes used "Furazolidone" in gynecology and urology.
- Food toxicoinfection. This is a group of infectious diseases that have arisen as a result of poisoning of a person by products contaminated with microbial flora. The main symptoms occur under the action of bacterial toxins. It is nausea, vomiting, frequent loose stools, fever and dehydration. It is important to consult a doctor in time to distinguish between food and rotavirus infections. If the cause of the disease is a virus, then “Furazolidone” will not help.
- Dysentery. For this infectious disease is characterized by the defeat of the large intestine with the development of dysenteric colitis. The disease begins with an increase in body temperature, later frequent (up to 20 times a day) stool, pain and rumbling in the abdomen join. With the development of the disease, the nature of defecation changes, instead of the feces, a small amount of mucus is released with blood, the so-called “rectal spittle”.
- Paratyphes. The cause of this disease are bacteria of the genus Salmonella. Another name is salmonellosis. Different from other intestinal infections in the presence of roseolous rash, which affects the patient, starting from the fourth day of illness.
- . Trichomoniasis . Infectious sexually transmitted disease. It affects the genitourinary system of women and men. Manifested in the form of colpitis, vaginitis, endometritis, salpingoophoritis, urethritis.
- . Giardiasis . The cause of this disease is the simplest microorganisms - Giardia. They are parasitic in the small intestine and may not manifest themselves for a long time. The clinical picture arises due to lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (chronic enteritis) or the gallbladder (cholangitis, cholecystitis). The patient may be bothered by persistent headaches and fatigue. Often this is the only symptom.
- Cystitis. Apply if bladder inflammation is caused by sensitive flora. But you can not combine "Furazolidone" and antibiotics - tetracyclines and aminoglycosides. This can lead to anemia.
- . A stomach ulcer . “Furazolidone” is not the drug of choice, however, cases of antibiotic resistance to Helicobacter pylori have recently become more frequent. Therefore, therapy with this nitrofuran derivative is allowed as a reserve.
- . Pancreatitis . In inflammation of the pancreas, furazolidone is used in combination with other antimicrobial agents.
- Sanitation of organs. To prepare for surgery for hemorrhoids, for chronic pharyngitis, gastritis, proctitis.
- . Burns and wound infections . It is applied topically in the form of a solution or wet dressings.
In which cases you can not use
Contraindications to "Furazolidone" include serious diseases and conditions:
- – индивидуальная непереносимость лекарства и его компонентов; allergy - individual intolerance to the drug and its components;
- – проблемы с выведением фуразолидона; renal dysfunction - problems with the elimination of furazolidone;
- нарушение метаболизма препарата; deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase - a violation of the drug metabolism;
- – невозможна утилизация лекарства; liver pathology - medication cannot be disposed of;
- – негативное влияние на плод; pregnancy and lactation - a negative effect on the fetus;
- – нежелательно применение в раннем возрасте из-за несовершенства метаболизма. children under eight years old - use at an early age is undesirable due to imperfect metabolism.
Instructions for use "Furazolidone": the intensity of therapy depending on the pathology
Dosages for treatment with furazolidone depend on the pathology. It is convenient to use the table to determine the dose and frequency of administration.
Table - Dosage "Furazolidone"
|Dysentery, salmonellosis, foodborne toxicoinfection|| - Adults take 2-3 tablets; |
- children 6 mg / kg weight
| - 4 times a day; |
- course of 5-6 days;
- a course of 3-6 days with a break of 3-4 days
|Giardiasis|| - Adults take 2 tablets; |
- children 6 mg / kg weight
| - 3-4 times a day; |
- course 5-6 days
|Trichomonas colpit|| - For 2 tablets inside; |
- vaginal 5-6 g of powder together with lactose;
- rectal suppositories with 4-5 g of the drug
| - Tablets 3-4 times a day for 3 days; |
- candles and vaginal forms - for 7-14 days
|Trichomonas urethritis||2 tablets|| - 4 times a day; |
- course 3 days
|Helicobacter eradication||On 2 tablets as a part of complex treatment with bismuth sub citrate and antibiotics "Clarithromycin", "Amoxicillin"||7 days|
How is transferred
Among all nitrofuran derivatives, furazolidone is the most easily tolerated, but it has various side effects. Sometimes observed:
- appetite suppression;
- dyspeptic phenomena;
- allergic reactions.
Hypersensitization may develop with a decrease in blood pressure, fever and joint pain. On the background of long-term ingestion, there is a violation of microflora with the development of dysbiosis.
Since Furazolidone inhibits the enzyme monoamine oxidase, its use is to comply with certain preventive measures: exclude products rich in tyramine (cheese, cream, beer, wine, chocolate, smoked meats, seafood) from the diet. Combined treatment with antidepressants - MAO inhibitors, sympathomimetics should be extremely careful, because there is a high risk of hypertensive crisis.
Maximum doses of "Furazolidone" for adults inside:
- – 0,2 г; single - 0.2 g;
- – 0,8 г. daily - 0,8 g
With an overdose, patients report manifestations of neurotoxic effects. Possible development of toxic hepatitis, problems of the hematopoietic system.
Over the long history of the use of "Furazolidone", a lot of feedback from doctors has accumulated about this drug. Both positive and negative associated with the toxic effect of the drug. Given its relative cheapness and availability, the use of Furazolidone for adults and older children is widespread. However, self-medication with this drug is unacceptable, extremely dangerous.